fiction and poetry by alex branson

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Seeing ‘everything in nothing’ or ‘nothing in everything’ seem like dual and equal concepts to me right now at two in the morning

a bright orange car idles at a stoplight
the color orange can bring on feelings of pain and anger
a man told me, once
a different person told me that the color orange
is a terrific anti-depressant
the dichotomy evokes a strange emotion in me
that when it comes to the abstract
everyone is talking
tongues essentially meandering
in some kind of large and fucked circle
the bright orange car peels out
when the stoplight signals green
the color green can bring on feelings of calmness and serenity
some woman told me, once
another person told me that it represents illness and money
I want to hold the concept of meaning in my palm
and pet her little belly
like meaning is a tiny hamster
scurrying aimlessly in a cage

No comments:

Post a Comment